On 9 March 2019, the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco will be transformed for the fifth one-day MAGIC IP event, an animation conference organised by Monaco-based entertainment company Shibuya Productions, and dedicated to the fields of Manga, comics, animation, video games and pop culture.
Monacair is proud to be the operational partner for Monaco MAGIC 2019, and will be offering Monaco-Nice helicopter transfers to guests and participants.
MAGIC, which stands for Monaco Anime Game International Conferences, is a must for all comic, video game and animation enthusiasts. Activities will include conferences and round-table debates, where audience members will get the chance to interact with world-renowned game designers, producers, screenwriters and illustrators. There will also be an exhibition, autograph signings and two major contests:
The Magic International Cosplay Masters will feature 16 cosplayer finalists from 15 countries, whose challenge is to present an original, home-made costume designed especially for this event.
The Magic International Manga Contest will see the five finalists’ story presentations on display, and, following the jury’s deliberation, the announcement of the winner, whose prize is a trip to Japan and chance to work with a leading publisher.
Taking Part This Year
Hosting this year’s event is veteran French television presenter Jacky, best known for fronting pop music shows in the 1980s, and for his role in the daily children’s show Club Dorothée.
Guests appearing this year include:
- Legendary actor Christophe Lambert, known for his performances in fantasy and adventure films such as Highlander, Greystoke, Subway and Mortal Kombat
- Japanese game designer, writer and producer Yū Suzuki, creator of the action-adventure series Shenmue, who will be making exclusive announcements about the highly-anticipated Shenmue 3, to be released in August 2019
- Lyse and Didier Tarquin, creators of the hugely successful French science fiction comic series UCC Dolores and Lanfeust Odyssey
- Will Simpson, lead storyboard artist for the blockbuster TV series Game of Thrones
Exhibitors at this year’s Monaco MAGIC 2019 will include:
- Activbody, official partner, and creator of fitness-related technology
- Alfa BD, Nice-based bookshop specialising in Manga, comics and animation
- League of Replica, a group of French artists and costume creators
- The Art of Anime, an exhibition tracing the history of Japanese animation
- Salut un Café, a coffee shop
- Nous Sommes des Héros, hand-made jewellery collections inspired by super heroes
- Shibuya Productions, producers of animation films and video games, and organisers of Monaco Anime Game International Conferences
Entrance to MAGIC’s animation conference is free but requires prior online registration. The event runs between 9:00 and 19:00.
Book your helicopter transfer today so you don’t miss the opportunity to arrive and depart from the Principality in style and comfort!